For Solstice last winter, Jehara gave me and Izzybella a gift certificate for Mondo Beyondo, “an online class about DREAMING BIG.” This week is zero week. We’re getting inspiring emails, and are being encouraged to start dreaming.
I dream big, but I am really good at finding reasons why I cannot do what I dream of. I was just talking with a co-worker about it, asking her what she would do today if someone came to her and said, “Today you can do anything you want to want to. No limits.” At first she said she wanted to take an entire day to herself, spa, getting her nails and pedicure done, facial, hair, massage, etc. So I told her to make an appointment and do it. Then she changed her mind and said she wanted to spend 3 weeks in Paris and be able to spend as much money as she wanted, no limits. I told her to write it down, put it out there, and be open to it.
Easy for me to say. It’s something I periodically struggle with. I see all the limitations, all the reasons why I can’t do something, and believe them. So in the spirit of DREAMING BIG and just putting my ideas out there, here’s my first list:
- I want to be an artist of some type. Maybe mixed media? Not sure. I used to try photography, but didn’t have the equipment to be able to take the photograph that was in my mind’s eye. So I will need a good camera. But I also love doing collages and working with pastels.
- I want to travel to Europe, Africa, Australia. I want to go on a U.S. History tour that I create for myself and my travel companions.
- I want us (Izzybella and me) to finish writing and publish our books.
- I want us (Izzybella and me) to write “Our Bleeping Town” so Vanessa can put it on
- I want to be a size 10 and be able to shop at H&M. I want to be in charge of what I put in my mouth, rather than letting food be in charge of me. I want to be able to find some forms of physical activity that I enjoy and that will help me be strong and healthy.
- I want to make and sell chakra baskets and zen boxes and make a profit.
- I want to be able to work from home doing said writing, chakra baskets, and zen boxes.
- I want to become a certified Reiki master.
- I want to be a licensed massage therapist. I don’t want to work for a salon—I’d do it by making house calls or having people come to my home.
- I want to heal people, through massage, reiki, chakra balancing, etc. I know how important the human touch is just because I get it so seldom. If I can help others through the power of touch, I want to do that.
So there are today’s dreams. I’m going to believe that I can make them happen. I’m going to ignore all the little voices in my head telling me why I cannot possibly achieve them, and I’m going to open myself to possibilities.
What are your dreams? What would you do if someone gave you a day, and said there are no limitations?