- Pour some out on your desk on a napkin (or a plate, or grab a handful or however you like to do it).
- Sort them by colour/flavour.
- Line them up by colour/flavour in groups of two’s.
- The flavours you don’t like (like liquorice), throw them away.
- Sort the other flavours in order from most to least.
- Start eating them flavour at a time, in two’s. If you have an odd number of any particular flavour, match it up with the next odd one that you find.
- Any flavour for which you have an equal number of jelly bellies, eat them so that your favourite flavour comes last.
- If you have one jelly belly left over all by its lonesome, throw it away.
This post brought to you by Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 101 (mild version, but still).