I’m no Oprah, but that doesn’t mean I can’t give you a list of things I like, right?
chirp. chirp. (Apropos of nothing, do you ever feel like you’re just blogging to deafening silence? I do. Does that stop me? Nope.)
1. Boscia blotting linens. Have you ever tried these things? They are of the serious awesome. I have one pack in lavender, and another pack in green tea. You pull out a blotting sheet, blot your nose, your chin, your t-zone–basically anywhere that your face gets a little oily. The sheet absorbs the oil (and it’s really disgusting, in the same way your ped egg gets disgusting after you’ve attended to your feet), and your face goes back to looking nice and natural. I hear Boscia.
2. “Death is not extinguishing the light; it is putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.” –Rabindranath Tagore. I don’t remember the circumstances under which I encountered this quotation, but I really like it.
3. The Bath & Body Works coupon sitting on my desk that will give me a free item of my choice with any purchase of $10 or more. Seriously–spending $10 at B&BW? So not difficult. I may have to stop by there on my way home today.
4. The library. Except when I return something and they lose it. Grrr. I have two books that I think I returned and they think I haven’t. So I’m going to have to search some more.
5. Doctor Who. And BN, who very graciously put series 1-4 (of the new series) on major sale, and my honey, who very graciously said we could get them.
6. And while we’re talking about DVDs, my new Bluray player. I haven’t even bought any Bluray discs yet, but how it makes my regular DVDs look just blows me away. The picture is so crisp and clear. Makes me happy.
7. My dogs, and their delicious personalities. Scout gets cold very easily, so the other night Joe and I got him the most adorable little jacket. He absolutely loves it. And Molly hates wearing clothes, but I swear she is jealous over his jacket. The looks she gave me! So I need to get a tee-shirt or something for her.
8. Warm baths and good books. Yes, at the same time. I mean, I can enjoy a good book without a warm bath, but it’s virtually impossible for me to enjoy a warm bath without a good book.
9. Ped Eggs. Whoever invented those things is a genius. I splurged and got a new one this weekend. I know you can just buy replacement parts, but I wanted one with the long handle. It’s easier to use.
10. Fireplaces with fires on cold days, and my husband who takes care of it. Honestly, when he’s not in town and it’s hella cold, I am either in bed curled up with a warm dog, or else I’m on the love seat with a blanket and a warm dog. I don’t mess with the fires too much. So one more bonus of Joe being home is that he keeps a nice roaring fire going when it’s chilly.
11. Sisters. The incomparable Izzybella stopped by for a short visit yesterday. That’s an all-too-rare event, and I really enjoyed it.
12. Smith’s Rosebud Salve. Don’t ask. Just go get some. I got a tin with 3 things of salve for $10, I think, at Sephora.
13. Nakey emperor. He’s nakey.
14. VegNews. I love it so much I finally subscribed.
15. My husband. I’m actually very fond of him.
Now if you’ve gotten all the way to the end of this list, and want to remind me of something I’ve forgotten, please leave a comment and I’ll add it to my next “Things I Like” post. ‘KThxBai.