INDIAN-STYLE CAULIFLOWER WITH POTATOES
· 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
· 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
· 1 teaspoon minced garlic
· 1 teaspoon ginger paste
· 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
· 1 cup green beans, chopped
· ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
· ½ teaspoon paprika
· 1 teaspoon ground cumin
· ½ teaspoon garam masala
· 1 smallish head cauliflower, cut into florets
· 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in cumin seeds, garlic, and ginger paste, and cook until the garlic is lightly browned.
Add the potatoes and green beans, and season with turmeric, paprika, ground cumin, and garam masala. Cover and continue cooking 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the cauliflower and cilantro, reduce heat to low, and cover. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables are tender.
I used more garam masala, and I didn’t–much to my surprise–have any ginger, so I tossed in some allspice. It is really good; I had it with rice.