|Thirteen Things Faith Likes That Start With D
- Dogs. I love dogs. And it’s funny, because I used to be a total cat person. I still like cats, don’t get me wrong, and if Molly would tolerate a cat we’d have one. That being said, if I had to choose between a dog and a cat, it’d be the dog.
- Dishwashers. One of the greatest inventions ever, in my opinion. Had we had a dishwasher when I was a kid, I wouldn’t have gotten the worst spanking I ever got in my life.
- Dark Horse Comics, home to Buffy, Angel, Firefly, and other great stuff.
- Depp. Johnny Depp. I mean, what’s not to love? He’s an incredible actor, and very, very easy on the eyes. I like his voice, too. Well, not his Willy Wonka voice, but that probably goes without being said.
- Dictionaries. I like to read the dictionary for fun. I find the loveliest words that way.
- Drugs, the legal kind. OTC ones, like Benadryl, are great for when one doesn’t really have the time or money or need to go to the doctor. I took some yesterday afternoon and it helped me get decongested and I got a lovely lot of sleep and hence feel somewhat better this morning. And the prescription ones, like my hormones, are also wonderful. No hot flashes. That counts for something, believe me.
- Dairy Queen. They used to be everywhere around the D/FW Metroplex, not so much anymore. But when you’re driving through Texas, you’ll find them on the freeways and backroads. If you get a chance, stop and get a Peanut Buster Parfait. Yummmmmmm.
- Dill pickles. I like a big fat kosher dill.
- Drawing. I suck at it but I still enjoy it.
- Doodling. “I doodle. I do doodle. You do doodle too, don’t you?”
- Dante. I took a conference course on Dante in college from a professor who specialized in medieval literature (he also taught my Chaucer course). The Divine Comedy is, well, divine. I like Inferno and Purgatorio better than Paradiso, but they’re all good.
- Dressing up. It’s fun to get all decked out to the nines, at least once in a while. We spend so much time being casual that it’s easy to forget who fun it is to dress up and look great.
- Dressing up in the other sense of the phrase, like for Halloween or fan events, if you’re a big geek like I. Like when there’s a Browncoat event and we’re going to go see Serenity for the bajillionth time, it’s fun to dress up like Inara, or Zoe.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants